Back to Archived News
Lowrie, Lando & Anastasi LLP Launches Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Practice With Addition of Key Intellectual Property Lawyers from Fish & Richardson P.C.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Cambridge, MA -- Lowrie, Lando & Anastasi LLP, a fast-growing nationally-recognized Intellectual Property law firm, today announced that six respected biotechnology, pharmaceutical and chemical sciences practitioners from the large international firm of Fish & Richardson P.C. are joining LL&A en masse.
Louis Myers, Laurie Lawrence, and Diana Collazo, all principals from Fish & Richardson’s Boston office, will join LL&A as partners. Cathy McCarty and Natalie A. Lissy, who are associates, and Allyson R. Hatton, a patent agent, in the same office, will also join LL&A.
"Establishing a strong Biotech and Pharmaceutical practice is a natural for LL&A," said Peter C. Lando, a co-founder and partner of the firm. "The potential for a strong Biotech and Pharmaceutical practice in Cambridge is clear. Launching an outstanding Biotech and Pharmaceutical practice has been an important strategic goal since 2003 and our vision has always been to offer clients a known and proven team that complements our existing practices. The six founding members of the new team are a perfect fit – both on a personal as well as a practice level. We’re thrilled to welcome them to the firm."
"Working at LL&A gives us the opportunity to stretch our entrepreneurial muscles," said Louis Myers. "We are joining a true full-service intellectual property law firm that includes strength in counseling, opinion work, licensing, patent prosecution and litigation – a firm that maintains a sophisticated practice with sophisticated clients. We look forward to building on LL&A’s strong reputation and expanding their reach."
Lowrie, Lando & Anastasi LLP was launched in June 2003, and has since grown ten-fold to more than 30 lawyers. The firm has received national recognition for its practice, aggressive approaches to serving clients’ needs, and culture.
Deep Experience Characterizes Nationally-Recognized Team
- Louis Myers brings nearly 20 years of biotechnology, chemistry, and pharmaceutical experience to LL&A. He assists clients with patent portfolio strategy and analysis, opinions, patent drafting and prosecution. He has significant experience in patent matters in connection with product planning, including life-cycle management, corporate strategy, financing, evaluation and acquisition of technology. His practice focuses on biotechnology, chemistry, and pharmaceuticals. Myers received his J.D. from Harvard Law School. He received his Ph.D. from Harvard University in biology, and an A.B. from Indiana University in biology. He has been selected for the 2008 edition of The Best Lawyers in America for Intellectual Property Law.
- Laurie Lawrence focuses on patents in biotechnology, molecular biology, and pharmaceuticals. She specializes in developing competitive intellectual property strategies that integrate scientific and business considerations into the complex landscape of regulatory and patent law. She has counseled many companies in acquiring and divesting intellectual property assets, and has conducted due diligence on numerous patent portfolios for her clients. Lawrence received her J.D. from Boston University School of Law, and a B.S. in biology from Cornell University.
- Diana Collazo focuses her practice on patents in biotechnology, chemistry, and pharmaceuticals. She assists clients in developing patent portfolio and prosecution strategies in connection with products in clinical development, and has an active opinion and counseling practice with emphasis on transaction matters, including evaluation of licensing and acquisition opportunities, due diligence review, and licensing negotiations. She also has in-house experience at a large pharmaceutical company in patent counseling and portfolio management relating to biotechnology. Collazo received her J.D. from Boston College Law School. She received her Ph.D. in biological chemistry and molecular pharmacology from Harvard University, and her A.B. in chemistry from Cornell University.
- Cathy McCarty’s practice emphasizes general client counseling, patent prosecution, and litigation in all areas of pharmaceutical sciences, including small molecule drugs and formulations. McCarty’s technical experience includes work as a drug discovery chemist for Vertex Pharmaceuticals and for Abbot Laboratories. Her research at Yale University and Indiana University included work in synthetic chemistry. McCarty received her J.D. from Harvard Law School. She received an M.S. in Organic Chemistry from Yale University, and a B.S. in Chemistry from Indiana University. She is an inventor on five issued U.S. patents.
- Natalie A. Lissy’s practice emphasizes general client counseling and the protection of innovation through strategic patent filings in biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmaceuticals and genetics. Her experience includes work in the legal department of the Pharmacia Corporation and research at Washington University School of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Fox Chase Cancer Center. Lissy received her J.D. from Washington University School of Law where she was on the editorial board and served as the editor-at-large of the law review. She received a Ph.D. in Molecular Genetics from Washington University School of Medicine and a B.A. in Biology from Franklin & Marshall College.
- Allyson R. Hatton’s practice includes general client counseling and the construction of strategic patent portfolios in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, and genetics. She was previously a postdoctoral Fellow of the Damon Runyon-Walter Winchell Foundation in the Department of Cancer Biology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and the Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School. Hatton is in her final year at Suffolk University Law School. She received a Ph.D. in Biological Sciences from Carnegie Mellon University, where she was a Carnegie Scholar, and a B.S. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from Centre College.
About Lowrie, Lando & Anastasi, LLP
Lowrie, Lando & Anastasi, LLP specializes in intellectual property including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, licensing and business transactions and related litigation. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, LL&A provides its extensive client base with the comprehensive protection they need to grow their business and protect their intellectual property assets. Launched in June 2003, LL&A challenges the traditional business model of most law firms and focuses on quality of client service while encouraging a more balanced professional and personal life. The firm has received national recognition in several publications.
Back to Archived News